Dear Altar Maker,
La Ultima Parada 2018 “A Celebration of Life on the Day of the Dead” will once again take place at the School of Arts & Culture at 1700 Alum Rock Avenue in San Jose. We are expecting more than 3,000 attendees. The event is publicized in all of San Jose/South Bay and throughout the Bay Area via online and traditional media.
We invite your organization to submit an application to set up an Ofrenda in the Theater Lobby. Your Ofrenda should have a theme that focuses on a cause, or a community member that you would like to honor. Please give thought to your theme and be very specific in your application, as this will create a cohesive and relevant altar. In order to apply:
- Click here to apply–Application Deadline 10/20
- Complete and return the signed W-9 form to Altars@laultimaparada.org. You may find W9 forms online.
All spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Each Altar-maker must provide their own equipment and materials. LUP will provide a $200 stipend for materials.
LUP 2018 Altar Set-up will take begin on Monday, October 22 and must be completed by Friday, October 26. Each organization will be given an 8′ table. YOU will bring the necessary boxes, crates to create the levels. Feel free to choose a theme, and make it as unique and personal as you want.
- Only painters tape is permitted
- Please do not NAIL anything onto the walls
- Confetti/glitter or similar material are NOT allowed.
- Only use battery powered tea lights; unattended flames are NOT permitted.
- Any items that may cause an odor will need to be monitored and refreshed regularly.
- Food items must be individually wrapped in clear plastic wrap.
- Cempasuchitl flowers will be ordered in bulk and may be purchased for $5.00/ramito.
Once your application has been approved, your W-9 and an invoice will be submitted for the reimbursal check of $200. Your W-9 information should match your application mailing address and name of person that will receive the check.
We look forward to working with you and providing the community another great experience at La Ultima Parada in San Jose. If you have any questions, please contact me. See you soon!
La Ultima Parada 2018